Skip to content
This brittle is Low FODMAP in single servings, Gluten Free, and Oat Free
- Servings: 10
- Total Time: Approximately 1 hour including refrigeration.
- 1/8 cup of Walnuts- chopped finely
- 3/4 cup of Brown Rice Flakes
- 1/2 cup of Buckwheat Groats
- 2 tsp of Chia Seeds
- 1/4 tsp of Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp of Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of Salt
- 1/2 tbsp of Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp of Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp of Rice Malt Syrup
- 1/2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
Chocolate Topping Ingredients:
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
- 100 grams of Dark Chocolate
- 1/2 tsp of Cocoa Powder
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a medium sized bowl mix the walnuts, rice flakes, buckwheat groats, chia seeds, nutmeg, ground cinnamon and salt together.
- In a small saucepan add the coconut oil, maple syrup, rice malt syrup and vanilla extract. Heat this over a medium to low heat until it begins to simmer, stirring constantly.
- Once the mixture has browned slightly and has become light and bubbly, remove it from the heat and pour straight into the dry ingredients mixture. Mix well to combine.
- Spread the base mixture evenly over the prepared baking tray, until it is around 2cm thick.
- Place in the oven and cook for approximately 15 minutes or until golden.
- Once golden, remove the base from the oven and allow it to cool completely. While it is cooling, make the chocolate topping.
- To do this add all of the chocolate topping ingredients together in a small saucepan and melt together over a low heat, making sure you don’t burn the chocolate.
- Once the base has cooled pour the chocolate over the top and spread it evenly with a spatula. Place the brittle in either the refrigerator or the freezer until the chocolate has set on top.
- Then cut roughly into pieces and store in an airtight container in the fridge.