This Granola is Low FODMAP in single servings, dairy free, refined sugar free and gluten free if using gf certified oats
- 1 1/2 cup of Gluten Free Certified Oats
- 1/4 cup of puffed Quinoa
- 1/4 cup of Almonds- chopped roughly
- 1/4 cup of Walnuts- chopped roughly
- 1 tsp of Ground Cinnamon
- Sprinkle of Salt
- 1/4 cup of Coconut Oil- melted
- 1/4 cup of Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp of Rice Malt Syrup
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper. In a medium sized bowl combine all of the dry ingredients and mix together. Then add the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, rice malt syrup and vanilla extract. Mix until all of the dry ingredients are covered in the wet syrup mixture. Spread the granola evenly over the baking tray and cook for 10 minutes. Then remove from the oven and gently flip the granola. Place back into the oven and cook until golden- around another 10 minutes. Remove from the oven. If you are looking for a more clustered granola then allow the granola to cool on the baking tray- this allows the mixture to set and become clusters. If you are looking for a more crumbled granola remove from the granola from the tray to cool, mixing it to separate. Serve with your favourite Low FODMAP fruit and milk. Store in a jar for up to a week.
- The ingredients in this recipe can be easily substituted for whatever you have in the pantry, as long as you keep the wet ingredients to dry ingredients ratio the same.
- Oats are Low FODMAP in half a cup- so serving sizes larger than this won’t be Low FODMAP.
- If you struggle to digest oats in terms of fibre, you can easily substitute this for a grain with less fibre content- just use what you know you can digest.