Skip to content
This recipe is Low FODMAP, Gluten free and Refined Sugar Free.
- Makes: 6 Scones
- Total Time: Approximately 40 Minutes
- 1 cup of Gluten Free Flour
- 1/2 cup of White Rice Flour
- 2 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp of Xanthan Gum
- Sprinkle Of Salt
- 100 grams of Butter
- 3/4 Cup of Almond Milk (extra for glazing)
- 1/4 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius and lightly grease an oven tray with butter.
- In a bowl mix together all of the dry ingredients.
- Cut the butter into cubes and then add it to the dry ingredients mixture. Using your fingertips mix the butter through the dry ingredients until it resembles a crumb like mixture.
- Make a well in the middle of the mixture, then pour in the almond milk and vanilla extract.
- Mix all of the ingredients together until a dough forms.
- On a lightly dusted surface, knead the dough 3-4 times. Then slightly roll it out until its about 5cm thick.
- Using a circle cutter, press into the mixture and carefully make your scones. Keep doing this until you have made your dough into 6 scones.
- Lightly brush the scones with almond milk and place onto the baking tray.
- Place into the preheated oven and bake for around 20-30 minutes depending on your oven.
- Once slightly golden and fully cooked, remove the scones from the oven and enjoy with low FODMAP toppings.