Skip to content
- Makes: 15 cookie sticks
- Total Time (including refrigeration time for dough): 1 hour
- These Cookies are low FODMAP, Gluten Free, Cane Sugar Free and can be made Vegan if using a butter substitute!
- 1 cup of Gluten Free Flour
- 1/4 cup of Tapioca Flour
- 1/4 cup of White Rice Flour
- 1/4 tsp of Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp of Baking Powder
- Sprinkle of Salt
- 1 tsp of Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp of Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of Ground Cloves
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 60 grams of Butter- melted (or vegan substitute)
- 1/3 cup of Rice Malt Syrup
- 2 tbsp of Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tbsp of Almond Milk or any milk of your choice
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius and line a cookie tray with baking paper.
- Start by mixing together all of the dry ingredients in a bowl until fully combined.
- In a seperate bowl add all of the wet ingredients and whisk until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix. Start to knead the dough until it is fully combined, adding more flour or almond milk at this point if it’s needed.
- Cover the dough and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Once the dough is cool and has hardened slightly, roll it out using a dusted rolling pin into a rectangle that is about 1/2 cm thick.
- Cut the dough into long rectangle sticks, I made mine around 1cm in width and 13cm long but you can choose the size that suits you!
- Carefully place the cookies onto the prepared baking tray and place in the oven, cooking for 10-15 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and transfer the gingerbread sticks onto a cooling rack.